Monday, November 21, 2011

small life lessons

  1. Walk in drizzling rain sometimes.  It can be refreshing.
  2. Take something annoying and turn it into something positive by a change of perspective.  (This is a generic derivation of #1.)
  3. Stop to look at the kittens in the window.  A dose of real-life (i.e. non-Internet) cuteness can be nothing but healthy.
  4. Help a stranger.  Tonight I helped the guy sitting next to me on the bus with his new smartphone, and he returned the favor by helping me get my jacket on at the end of the ride.  I also helped a fellow pedestrian with directions as I was walking home.  These are small things but they felt good.
  5. Cry when you need to.
  6. Hold hands -- it's so simple, but so affirming.
  7. Dance.  Take the emotion that music gives you and let it out kinetically, physically.
  8. Communicate.  It builds relationships.
  9. There's nothing like a good hug.
blog comments powered by Disqus