Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life status - Oct. 14, 2010

At work, most projects we have end up having a weekly status meeting on the calendar, to update everyone involved on where things stand.  Well, I've been living here 4 months and change now, so I thought I might collect a few conclusions and realizations so far.
  • The Septa buses aren't always on schedule.  But sometimes they are, so don't be late, or I'm gonna miss it by 30 seconds.  I've done this more times than I can count.
  • Try to do laundry more often than once every several weeks.  Otherwise I end up with three loads' worth to do when I'm running out of clothes to wear.
  • No matter how tired I am on the night of a social dance, I should go to it anyway, because I don't think I have ever regretted it afterwards.
  • The plain coffee at independent cafés is usually really good.  This does not in any way negate that Starbucks and Wawa coffee is also really good.
  • Talk to people for a minute or two once in awhile at work - non-work subjects are preferable.  It might be the most welcome interruption of the day.
  • Meet new people.  Especially social dancers.
  • Buying coffee, breakfast, and the like on a daily basis adds up far faster than I like to think about.
  • Visit family once in awhile for a change of pace.
  • People don't often respond to really long emails at work.  (Not sure if they read them, at least.)
  • Happy hour is a good thing.
  • Walking feels better when I'm not rushing, so don't rush if I don't have to.
  • Not having to work outside of work is probably the best thing ever.
  • Sandwiches for dinner get boring fast.
blog comments powered by Disqus